Last modified: 15th January 2020
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- What information and data we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information and data.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Data Collection and Usage Tracking
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be place on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect the following information from you. We will only collect personal information which you voluntarily and knowingly provide:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address and mobile telephone number.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Postal address for delivery of any products purchased.
- If you create an account on the Truthful Marketing website, you will create user credentials such as a user ID and password. All passwords are encrypted before being stored in our database. If you forget your password, there is a ‘password reset’ option on the log in section of the website that will allow you to reset your password. We will not personally set up or reset your password, or send you these details outside the website password setup or reset function.
- If you create an account on our Website you will be able to amend your contact details and personal information using the ‘edit’ option in your account.
- To protect your account, keep your password confidential. You are responsible for any activity that happens on or through your Google Account. We recommend that you do not reuse your Truthful Marketing password on third party applications.
- If you purchase any products or services through the Truthful Marketing Website, your purchase will be processed through a secure third party payment processing system. Truthful Marketing does not store any of your financial information, including credit card numbers. Any relating information may be stored by 3rd party secure payment systems.
Truthful Marketing will not knowingly collect any information from individuals under the age of thirteen. We do not offer services to, or target, persons under the age of thirteen. We will purge any information we receive from people we believe to be children under thirteen from our database and cancel the corresponding accounts.
Parental consent will be required to process the personal data of children under the age of 16 for online services.
What do we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve the Truthful Marketing website and offerings.
- We may use the information to customise the Truthful Marketing website according to your interests.
- We may use the information provided by you from time to time to contact you for research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We will only contact you for this purpose if you have told us you want us to and will only use the method you have specified.
- We may periodically send emails about new projects, ideas or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We will only contact you for this purpose if you have told us you wish to subscribe to this service.
Controlling your personal information
If, at any time you provide/have provided us with your personal information so that we can contact you for any reason, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or by emailing us at Tamra-and-Miles@TruthfulMarketing.org. All electronic communications with you will have a simple ‘unsubscribe’ link included.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need it to provide you with the information and services you have requested and to contact you for the purposes for which you have asked us to do so. In the event that you no longer wish us to or we no longer need to contact you for these purposes, any personal details we hold about you will be promptly removed from our systems. We may retain non-personal information, to be used in aggregate form for the purposes of research, or improving our website, products or services.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. We also comply with GDPR legislation. There will be no fee for this information and it will be provided in pdf format within 1 calendar month of request. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us at Tamra-and-Miles@TruthfulMarketing.org as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Sharing of Personal Information
We will not share, sell, release, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so or in special cases such as in response to a physical threat to you or others, to protect property or defend or assert legal rights. In the event that Truthful Marketing is legally compelled to disclose your personal information to a third party, we will attempt to notify you unless doing so would violate the law or a court order.
Sharing of Non-Personal Information
Truthful Marketing shall have the right to share non-personal information, including aggregated information and data, with third parties.
Truthful Marketing will only send you emails or other electronic communications if you have told us you agree to this. Should you wish to cease receiving these electronic communications, you can opt out by using the ‘unsubscribe’ button included in the communication.
Truthful Marketing will never send you an email or any electronic communication requesting your password, credit card details or any financial information. If you receive a message that looks like it is from Truthful Marketing but asks you for your credit card details or any financial details, it is a fraudulent email, or “phish”. We strongly recommend you do not respond to or click on any links in this email or communication and that you contact your bank for advice.
Security for all personally identifiable information is extremely important to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Truthful Marketing cannot ensure or warranty the security of any information you transmit via the internet. By transmitting any such information to Truthful Marketing, you accept that you do so at your own risk.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, the suitable procedures to safeguard information have been met by the use of a 3rd party CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
Linking and Framing to Other Websites
Our website and other Truthful Marketing electronic communications may display links and frames to other websites of interest. Once you enter another website, or a portion of another site is framed within our website, you agree that Truthful Marketing is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. Once you have used these links to leave our site you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and Truthful Marketing encourages you to look for and review the privacy statements of each and every website that you visit.
Truthful Marketing makes no representation, warranty or endorsement, express or implied, as to any of the information, services, products or messages on any other websites which may be accessed through the Truthful Marketing website. In particular, these links and frames are provided for convenience only and are not intended as an endorsement by Truthful Marketing of the organisation or individual operating the website or a warranty or endorsement of any type regarding the website or the information, services, products or messages posted on or available from such a website.
Please note, some of the links in our website are affiliate links, which means we may get a commission if you purchase. However, none of the fees of these resources have been increased to compensate Truthful Marketing. In fact, some of the creators of these tools have given us special discounts that we get to extend to you!
Questions or Comments